[NRVR-Members] A meeting with Ivan Galysh Friday 6:00 at VBI

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:36:32 CST 2015

I originally missed the purpose of this meeting and want to open it up to
anyone who may be interested.  Kristy Collins has arranged a meeting with
Ivan Galysh and the VT Rocketry Club, Rascal team and NRVR.  The meeting is
at VBI on the VT campus at 6:00 on Friday 2/20.  After 5:00 there are no
parking passes needed to park at VBI.

Ivan Galysh has been involved on rocketry as a hobbyist and professionally
at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory.  He started the Battle of the
Rockets and was recently honored by NAR for his educational work with
students and rocketry.  More information on Ivan can be found here:
http://kidstechuniversity.vbi.vt.edu/kidstech/program-view/space_weather_the_final_atmosphere

The Meeting is an opportunity for the different rocket related groups to
talk about what they do and socialize with each other. I think we may also
talk a little about the upcoming Kids Tech University rocket build
scheduled for Saturday - but may be postponed due to weather - and the
launch of the KTU rockets on March 21.  The meeting is open to all NRVR
members, but there will be some refreshments provided so please let me know
if you are interested in coming.

Thanks

Bob