[NRVR-Members] L3 Build Techniques

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 07:25:41 CST 2016

I am not a fan of using threaded rods through centering rings. Unnecessary
extra weight and questionable added value. I have never seen a rocket fail
in a way that threaded rods would have helped. Proper surface prep with 40
grit sand paper, good epoxy (not 5 minute hobby store stuff) is more than
enough. If you want more centering ring security at the top glue a 3"
section of coupler and fiberglass it to the recovery centering ring.

If the right materials and techniques are used I don't feel TR adds
anything but extra weight. That is just one opinion. Let's hear some more.

Bob

Congrats on your Black Friday score!