[NRVR-Members] Weclom two new Cert Fliers to NRVR!

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tweeks-junk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Sep 10 00:22:59 CDT 2016

Hey all!

Just wanted to take a second to welcome  two new experienced rocketeers to our club.

Mr. Brent Richey from Boydton VA (down near the east NC border it looks like) who is a NAR L2 flier..
and
Mr. Peter Cadra from Salem, who is another  TRA L3 flier!

Wow! Cool guys! Welcome aboard!

This is a low noise, members-only mail list where launch and member meeting announcements are sent, along with member Q&A chit chat once in a while.  Also be sure  to join our fbook group here:
[ https://www.facebook.com/groups/NRV.Rocketry/ ]( https://www.facebook.com/groups/NRV.Rocketry/ )

Two Day Launch Sat & Sunday
FIRST and most importantly, we're having  a launch today (yes TODAY and Sunday) at Kentland Farms, Blacksburg. Here's the map:
[ http://tinyurl.com/kentland-farms ]( http://tinyurl.com/kentland-farms )

On Saturday we set up and fly from 9am - 6pm... and again Sunday from 11am - 4pm. We WILL have a high power  motor vendor on site (Ken Allen from Performance Hobbies).. so join us if you can! We have a 8,800ft (AGL)_ FAA waiver, but if you'll note by the map, we're right next to the New River.. so dual deploy for anything over 3k is high recommended. If you think you're going to break 5k, please give us a holler.. at either officers(at)nrvr(dot)org or rso(at)nrvr(dot))org.

We have a couple of 1010 rails and one 1515 (but please flag us ahead of time if you need 1515).

We don't charge any launch fees and welcome the community to come fly with us. We just keep a donation jar out and ask people to support us if they like what we do for the community.

Sorry...
Second, I want to personally apologize for not getting you all plugged into our mail list and activated (as members) sooner.  We've  had your paper work and are just about to cash one of your membership checks.  But it seems that the membership folder (where we file the paperwork before popping you into our google-docs and mail lists) has been in the club launch trailer for a while now, and your signed paper work was stuck in there along with it.

You're all good now, and we'll be printing and sending your your NRVR membership cards here soon (probably not by this launch, as I really need to get some sleep if I'm going to help set up the launch in 8hrs ;). But please bring your membership cards with you to launches as they have your ICE (emergency) contact phone numbers on them in case anything bad should ever happen to you. Plus we like to see membership cards with cert levels on display out by our launch areas. Safety first! :)

I'm really glad we're attracting more experienced fliers from the region, and I hope  you enjoy yourselves at our launches and we get to see some of your projects fly!

See you at the field! (I hope)

Tweeks
NRV Rocketry Treasurer (and current  membership paperwork guy)

p.s. If you want to add yourself to the public (non-members) mail list, you may get double messages on our launch announcements, but it will ensure that if you let your membership lapse that you will still get pinged when we have launches and the like. (some times happens when yearly memberships re-up in Jan). The public mail list is here if you want to add yourselves (recommended):