[NRVR-Members] Save $$ - Place any motor bulk orders BEFORE CoB Friday for April Launch

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Sun Apr 22 23:16:07 CDT 2018

On Friday, April 20, 2018 1:58pm, "David Bloom" <dwskb at att.net> said:
> Hello Tweeks.
> When you get Level 1 cert approximately how long before you can H
> and I motors? Thanks

Generally speaking, as soon as you're L1 certified.. you can order all the H&I motors you want.. But technically, cert flights are treated as special cases, and with most motor vendors.. you can actually order your first H (cert flight) motor and casing from them without a standing certification in place.. though I DO recommend telling them what club you're a part of and who your L1 cert "mentor" is (they may ask you for that person's TRA/NAR member#, just as a safeguard).

I've actually known folks to get both their L1 H and L2 J this way (even at the same time in the same order!).  Some folks have actually done this before even having their TRA membership number assigned first.. but I recommend against this. IMHO.. we need some sort of safeguards in place to prevent Joe-Q-Public/uninsured individuals from ordering HP motors willy nilly. :)

Any other comments/thoughts?
Bob?

BTW.. Whenever possible.. take advantage of group-bulk orders to save between $20-40 on your motor orders.. and for cert flights.. CTI/Cesaroni (at least used to) give a free motor casing for your smaller cert flights! Just contact the motor vendor over the phone before placing your order.

Oh.. and when we have on-site motor vendors.. that's the bets deal (zero shipping). We have this for our July launch.. Be sure to get those orders placed as far in advance as possible. Especially if your ordering multiple or larger motor sizes.  Once the motor vendor gets here on site.. what he has is in stock is all he has for last minute purchases. He'll often have a ton of motors for all the flyers who pre-ordered.. but may actually have a low inventory of certain motor types for walk up customers. Not always, but better safe than sorry.

Any other questions?  Are you doing a cert flight with us this week? :)