[NRVR-Members] Save $$ - Place any motor bulk orders BEFORE CoB Friday for April Launch

dwskb at att.net dwskb at att.net
Fri Apr 27 06:44:19 CDT 2018

Yes, Bloom is my handle. - just don't call me Dave and don't call me collect.  Bob already said Sat works for test.  Sun depends on how things go and I may wait on flight until next weekend at ICBM Camden/Rembert. 
Sent from my LG tablet
------ Original message------From: Thomas Tweeks WeeksDate: Fri, Apr 27, 2018 12:34 AMTo: David Bloom;Cc: NRV Rocketry Members;Subject:Re: [NRVR-Members] Save $$ - Place any motor bulk orders BEFORE CoB Friday for April Launch
Hey Bloom!  (you did say that's what you go by, right?) 1) L2 Cert ExamTalk to Bob about doing your L2 exam, as he's our prefect (though he'll often answer through this list, or through the officers(at)nrvr.org email) That being said..  Saturday sounds like it's going to be a super busy cert day though. We have like 15-20 students attempting their L1, at least one L3, and maybe a couple others.   Are you going to be here Sunday too? If so.. I would ask him about doing it then (if possible).. (after all those students cycle through.. but you'll need to take that up with Bob.  2) MixingYes.. a couple folks in the club have mixed their own APC motors.. I did some BP mixing as a kid (it was just so easy to get in the 80s!).. but I recommend against that in our club.  But I have been hearing a growing interest (4-5 members) in getting into mixing APC as a club. Some for the economy of it.. some for the chemistry and cool science factors.   If you're interested in heading up the efforts in this area.. I would encourage you to take lead on it.. See who all's interested, and maybe have a special mixing meeting for those interested. See you at the launch Bloom! Tweeks   On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:23am, "David Bloom" > said:

> Since the weather can be iffy, there was a clear widow for the ROCC launch this
> past weekend so I went and achieved my Level 1 certification on Saturday (NAR as
> no TRA prefect available) and stepped up the Loc IV on Sunday from Sat's H 87 to
> an H 250 which was recovered nicely using a Jolly Logic Chute release at 300
> feet. (KISS it Sat with 1000 ft flight and ejection deployment with a choked
> 3' chute). I purchased the H250 on site from Performance Hobbies; and I also
> emailed my paperword and Apogee shipped me a J motor yesterday for my Level 2.
> Your answers were right on target as this was I did.
> Two questions 1) when and where can I take the Level 2 written test 2) in an
> earlier email you mentioned that you may have an interest in mixing APC and I
> asked was this Ammonium Perchlorate?
> I plan to be at the launch this weekend and answer too follow re remote.
> --------------------------------------------
> On Mon, 4/23/18, Thomas Tweeks Weeks > wrote:
> Subject: Re: [NRVR-Members] Save $$ - Place any motor bulk orders BEFORE
> CoB    Friday for April Launch
> To: "NRV Rocketry Members" >
> Date: Monday, April 23, 2018, 12:16 AM
> On Friday, April 20, 2018 1:58pm,
> "David Bloom" >
> said:
> > Hello Tweeks.
> > When you get Level 1 cert approximately
> how long before you can H
> > and I motors?
> Thanks
> Generally speaking,
> as soon as you're L1 certified.. you can order all the
> H&I motors you want.. But technically, cert flights are
> treated as special cases, and with most motor vendors.. you
> can actually order your first H (cert flight) motor and
> casing from them without a standing certification in place..
> though I DO recommend telling them what club you're a
> part of and who your L1 cert "mentor" is (they may
> ask you for that person's TRA/NAR member#, just as a
> safeguard).  
> I've
> actually known folks to get both their L1 H and L2 J this
> way (even at the same time in the same order!).  Some folks
> have actually done this before even having their TRA
> membership number assigned first.. but I recommend against
> this. IMHO.. we need some sort of safeguards in place to
> prevent Joe-Q-Public/uninsured individuals from ordering HP
> motors willy nilly. :) 
> Any other comments/thoughts?
> Bob?
> BTW..
> Whenever possible.. take advantage of group-bulk orders to
> save between $20-40 on your motor orders.. and for cert
> flights.. CTI/Cesaroni (at least used to) give a free motor
> casing for your smaller cert flights! Just contact the motor
> vendor over the phone before placing your order.  
> Oh.. and when we have on-site
> motor vendors.. that's the bets deal (zero shipping). We
> have this for our July launch.. Be sure to get those orders
> placed as far in advance as possible. Especially if your
> ordering multiple or larger motor sizes.  Once the motor
> vendor gets here on site.. what he has is in stock is all he
> has for last minute purchases. He'll often have a ton of
> motors for all the flyers who pre-ordered.. but may actually
> have a low inventory of certain motor types for walk up
> customers. Not always, but better safe than sorry.
> Any other
> questions?  Are you doing a cert flight with us this week?
> :)
> Tweeks
> _______________________________________________
> NRVR-Members mailing list
> NRVR-Members at mail.nrvr.org
> http://server2.nrvr.org/mailman/listinfo/nrvr-members
> _______________________________________________
> NRVR-Members mailing list
> NRVR-Members at mail.nrvr.org
> http://server2.nrvr.org/mailman/listinfo/nrvr-members
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://server2.nrvr.org/pipermail/nrvr-members/attachments/20180427/9075f543/attachment-0001.html 

More information about the NRVR-Members mailing list