[NRVR-Members] Need Helpers for March Launch, and Outreach events

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Mon Mar 5 23:11:44 CST 2018

Hey all!

Launch on March 24th! (need launch helpers):
 We have our first full launch of the year at Kentland, scheduled for March 24th! Are you excited!
[ http://nrvr.org/ ]( http://nrvr.org/ )

What are you building and flying?!?
[ https://www.facebook.com/groups/NRV.Rocketry/ ]( https://www.facebook.com/groups/NRV.Rocketry/ )

But for our first spring launch, we need launch volunteers to pull it off safely! We need folks to step up and fill roles for:
a launch director  - someone to oversee the launch, call in the waiver, open & close the launch
RSO/LCO coverage  - multiple people to fill provide setup/breakdown and
All roles are detailed here if you want to drill down: [ https://tinyurl.com/nrvr-duties ]( https://tinyurl.com/nrvr-duties )

Please reply-all here if you can pitch in (we'll skip the formality of a doodle form and see if we get minimum coverage like this).  If you see no replies here.. it means the launch is at risk of not having adequate coverage to pull off safely and could get called off.  I know we all value the club, so please pitch in if you can. ;)

March Outreach Event (need couple people):
We called off the Salem Elementary outreach event, as we had schedule conflicts. But another, cooler (and maybe closer/easier) outreach opportunity has popped up.. and it may even involve a free movie for those involved! :)

Virginia Tech has [ asked up to come set up a rocket booth at their girls-STEM "Hidden Figures" movie event on March 20th from 3-7pm ]( https://it.vt.edu/resources/publications/spotlight/index/hiddenfigures.html ).  It sounds like a long time, but we would only be running the table for like 45min before the movie, and 45min after the movie. If you've never helped with our static display tables, it's a lot fun!

VT would like to host our booth to attract more girls into engineering and Aerospace.. Plus we'll also be getting the word out about our club, and attracting science-minded parents. Just the kind of folks we need to grow the club.  Right now it's just me and my ugly rockets and Bob's showing up later.. But WE NEED SOME BIG and COOL LOOKING rockets to show off! and if we play our cards right, we might even get a tour of the VT Aerospace wind tunnel (the kind used in the Hidden Figures Movie!).

Reply to me if you can help out.  Right now.. it's looking pretty sparse.. and we could use a couple more helpers (with cool rockets in tow!)

Let me know ASAP so I can let VT know!