[NRVR-Members] Does anybody use the Jolly Logic Altimeter Three?

Adrien Drouault adrien.drouault at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:20:27 CDT 2018

I have an Altimeter 3.

For the most part, I like it.  It's easy to move between different rockets,
and it will easily fit even in an 18mm body tube.  I'm not sure if it would
go into a 13mm, though.

You do need a Bluetooth device to control it, and, of course, that limits
the range.  When I fly it from the mid/high power pads, I have to remember
to arm it before walking back.

It doesn't support downloading the flight data directly, but the phone app
(i'm running Android, but there is an iPhone version) allows you to "share"
the flight data via e-mail and other means.  That includes an Excel
spreadsheet with the raw data (air pressure; AGL; x, y and z acceleration,
as well as a combined 'total g') in .05 second intervals.

I'll forward one of the flight reports to you so you can see it.

Within its limitations, it's a pretty nifty tool.  Of course, I'm an
unashamed instrumentation and data junkie.

I think I shared a video on the list here that was shot from my onboard
camera on Flowbee, with data from the A3 overlaid.

Remind me next time out and I'll happily show you and let you fly it if you
want.

On Oct 17, 2018 13:22, "Jim Stoll via NRVR-Members" <