[NRVR-Members] Shear Pins in Cardboard

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 08:07:25 CDT 2019

Assuming that you are deploying the drogue from the booster section there
is no need for sheer pins to keep the coupler / av bay in place

With aggressive motors and very loose couplers it is possible to drag
separate the booster and payload section. In 25 years of high power I have
only seen that happen once.

Another good thing to do with payload airframe  is to put thin super glue
on the cardboard to stiffen it.

Hope that helps

Bob