[NRVR-Members] Input requested on two stage build project

Pat Artis pat.artis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:35:26 CST 2021

Mike:

I would be glad to help. While you may not wish to exercise the capability
at Kentland, it would be fun to use OpenRocket or Rocksim to determine the
optimum delay after first stage burnout to start the second stage to
maximize altitude. Then, if you ever fly at a large field, you could delay
second stage ignition to maximize altitude.

Are you planning to recover the second stage with just the delay charge or
using electronics? How will you recover the first stage?

I have a few Olsen timers (fruit of the 1990s) in stock that can be
activated by acceleration if you do not have a timer available. No loss if
they do not come back.

Pat