[NRV Rocketry] VAST August Rocket Launch

Chuck Neff chuck.neff at comcast.net
Mon Jul 25 23:42:34 CDT 2011

Fellow Rocketeers,

VAST will be holding a Sport Launch on Saturday, August 6th, from 10:00 am
to 6:00 pm and then again on Sunday, August 7th, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at the
Jack Mountain Village launch site near Monterey, Virginia (directions posted
on the main page of our website - www.valleyaerospace.com
<http://www.valleyaerospace.com/> ).  Note: Both days will be Sport Launches
as opposed to the Sport/Research announced previously.

As this is not a large site (similar in size to NOVAAR's Great Meadows site)
and can be easily affected by wind speed and direction, dual-deployment is
recommended for all flights that may exceed 2,000 feet AGL.  Depending upon
field conditions that weekend, sparky motors may or may not be allowed.
Level 1 & 2 Certification flights (Tripoli or NAR) can be done with advance
notice (please give as much notice as possible).  As always, kids fly for
free!  Launch fee for adults is $5.00 for the day.  Spectators are also
welcome to attend and watch the activities.  We will have a porta-potty on
site!

Harry (Dragon's Hoard) has indicated that he plans to attend both days so
let's support him.

For those who want to attend both days, camping will be permitted on site.
There are also a couple of motels in Monterey about 5 minutes from the site.
If interested, let me know and I can get you the contact information if
needed.

Also, don't forget about the Featured Projects page on VAST's web site.
Anyone planning to fly at our launches has the ability to have information
posted about it ahead of time.  The general public will also be able to see
what projects may be planned for a certain launch.  Follow the links listed
below to add/view featured projects at upcoming launches:

"Add My Project" Page

*	To add a project:

*	Go to www.valleyaerospace.com/featuredsubmit.html
*	Answer the questions as fully as possible
*	Click on the "Send" button at the bottom of the page
*	An automated email will be sent to me with the information

*	Find an image to go with your project and email it to
featuredprojects at valleyaerospace.com for posting to the web site

Display Page

*	After your project has been reviewed and any other required
information is obtained, the photo and pertinent information will be posted
to the Featured Projects page
(www.valleyaerospace.com/featuredprojects.html) on the VAST web site.

So, anyone attending our launches has the ability to report what they're
planning to fly.  It doesn't matter how large or small the project is...if
it's important to you, it's important to us.  I hope you'll use this
feature!

If you have any questions, feel free to respond.  Hope to see you on the
field!

Thanks!
Chuck Neff

Valley AeroSpace Team - President

p.s. Feel free to pass this along to anyone whom you think may be
interested.