[NRV Rocketry] Fiberglassing HP Rockets: Good Videos, Tips or Tricks (for body tubes and nose cones?)

Maier.chris maier.chris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 11:27:10 CST 2012

Tweeks - look for "Jim Jarvis carbon fiber" in Senior Google's magic locator machine.

This place used to host the article I borrow from heavily but appears to be offline now....  (side bar: Maybe you and I should try and help them out TWeeks)

http://www.rocketryplanet.com/content/view/3640/38/

I incorporated many of Jim's tactics and tips in to the fiberglassing of existing rockets vs. making my own carbon fiber tubes as Jim does.

I'm actually gassing a rocket right now, I'll post a few pictures and how I'm doing stuff - I can't say my way is right or even a good way, but you are welcome to it none the less.

I don't use standard epoxy for my glassing - I use aeropoxy stuff as per Jim's recommendations.  Main reason is that I'm working with 5.5" and 7.5" rocket tubes most of the time and extended pot life is required.  Current project is a 4.0" madcow baterang

http://www.avtcomposites.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

Chris