[NRV Rocketry] Field conditions most likey to scrub Sunday launch at Kentland. Call Bob after 9 if thinking about coming out

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 06:50:09 CDT 2012

Launch Status update:

Conditions do not look favorable for a launch today.  The rain chance is
over 50^ all day with cool temperatures.  My main concern is the condition
of the field and the damage we could do to the wet ground.

I am going out to the field to get a 'boots on the ground' assessment.  I
know there are some dedicated rocketeers who would not be discouraged by
the weather and look for the breaks in the rain to fly.  At this point I
think I will likely cancel the launch for today.  If anyone wants to check
with me after 9:00 for a definite yes or no on the launch you can call my
cell at 540-818-9829.

Thanks for everyone who came out to fly and especially Chuck Neff and Phill
King who traveled long distances to bring equipment and support our
launch.  Look for photos and videos to be posted on our website in the
coming days..

Bob Schoner
Prefect Tripoli 143, New River Valley Rocketry
cell 540-818-9829