[NRV Rocketry] Two Day Kentland Launch + Sat NIGHT Launch Details for April 13-14th

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Wed Apr 3 23:15:40 CDT 2013

Hey all,

Here is the birds-eye over view the big, upcoming Kentland two day launch +
night launch (Sat night) from Chuck at VAST:

	Sat 13th, 11am - 5pm, NAR Sport Launch
	Sat 13th,  7pm - 9pm, Night Launch
		Technical & Safety Details:
		http://goo.gl/L9KxV
	Sun 14th, TRA Research Launch, 10:00am - 4:00pm

	Port-a-Potty will be on site

Non-Member Guests: If you need more info... more details below. :)

NRVR Members: Please Read the details below. :)

Saturday Sport Launch:
---------------------------
The VAST overseen NAR Sport Launch is on Saturday, April 13th, starting at
11:00 am (maybe earlier) to 5:00 pm.  NRVR and VAST setup Volunteers please
show up by 9:30am. Many hands make for light work. :)

VAST members and kids fly for free (special info for NRVR members coming
soon), while the launch fee for adults (18+) is just $5.00 for the day (don't
forget that a VAST and NRVR memberships are free to all students, including
University level).

Both Tripoli and NAR Level 1 & 2 Certification flights can be witnessed with
advance notice.  Soft launch ceiling is around 8k feet. Any certification
flights or flights over 6k feel, please email your intentions to:
	rso at nrvr dot org

as soon as possible with some background on your proposed flight (rocket size
& weight, motor choices, anticipated altitudes, and any other pertinent
information you think may be beneficial).

Saturday Night Launch:
--------------------------
Right now we're planning to hold a Night Launch Saturday night from 7:00 pm
to 9:00 pm.  The status of this launch is subject to change and the final
decision will be made before the range closes for the day portion.  If
you've never been to one, they are a real treat.  All registered flyers from
the day launch will be eligible to participate but for obvious reasons,
night launches have a few more requirements to qualify for flight.
		Technical & Safety Details:
		http://goo.gl/L9KxV

Feel free to contact Chuck Neff (on our rso at nrvr dot org email) with any
questions.

Sunday Research Launch:
--------------------------
A Tripoli Research Launch will be held the following day, Sunday, April
14th, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the same site.  Per the Tripoli Research
Safety Code, kids under the age of 18 are allowed to fly model rockets at a
Research Launch.  Adults (18+) must still be a member of Tripoli to fly
(with exceptions; please contact us with questions) and you must be at least
Level 2 certified to fly research motors.  Tripoli Level 1 & 2 Certification
flights can be witnessed with advance notice.  Launch fee for adults is
$5.00 for the day, again, VAST members and kids fly for free (special info for
NRVR members coming shortly).

All of this is of course weather permitting with the final go/no-go decision
being made Friday, February 12th by 6:00pm.  As with the February launch,
cold temperatures will not be a factor in the decision, however a forecast
for heavy precipitation and/or high winds will.  Watch this mail list for last
minute details.

No Motor Vendor On Site:
-----------------------------
Unfortunately, we will not have a motor vendor on site so please be sure to
get your motor needs taken care of ahead of time.  If there's something in
particular that you're looking for but unable to acquire, feel free to put a
shout out to this mail list to see if anyone attending has what you need.

Just to give you an idea of some of the big ones going up at this launch, see
some of the April projects on the VAST projects page here:
	http://www.valleyaerospace.com/featuredapril.html

NRV Rocketry Members:
-------------------------
We would like to have our folks help Chuck and the VAST guys operate the
launch range this time.  Bob would like several of us to "step up" and learn
about the RSO, LSO and other launch duties and procedures -- and Chuck has
said that he could use a hand.  So let's help out! Here's how:

Since this is an VAST run launch, here are the various "Range Duty" jobs, and
an email link to hit up Bob and Chuck to volunteer:
	http://www.valleyaerospace.com/files/Range-Duty-Job-Descriptions.pdf
	mailto:rso at nrvr.org/?SUBJECT:Volunteering_for_Range_Duty

be sure to include the position you would like to help with and approximate
time of day and Chuck and Bob will pencil you in.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to respond here or to
the RSO@ address listed above.

NOTE: This will be the last Kentland Farms launch for at least several months
due to crops so we hope to see you at the site!

See you on launch day!

NRV Rocketry and VAST Officers
http://nrvr.org/pics/NRVR+VAST.jpg