[NRV Rocketry] Last weekend.

Paul Short scitzz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:20:03 CDT 2013

Well, I missed last weekends launch, taking the opportunity to attend Red
Glare 14 with my friend Nate Jones. We went on Saturday, and made a good
day of it.

Best of all, for me! I completed my level one flight, and the paperwork is
in the mail to Tripoli now! Woohoo! I flew a Hyperloc 835, dubbed the Aes
Triplex, on a CTA I218WT. Motor deployed a 50 inch chute that we remembered
not reefing as we walked away from the pad! So, I walked about a mile to
retrieve her. Other than that, a perfectly straight flight, and true.

Oh, the onboard camera failed 45 seconds after turning on :(

The ill fated Not so Long Tom, a previous lawn dart, suffered a second
stage CATO of an Estes C6-5.

My homage attempt of a Mean Machine named "The Hilderbrandt," after the 5th
grade teacher who introduced me to rocketry flew on a D12-7. Some may
recall I tried to fly it at Kentland in March, but the wind ripped a launch
lug off at the rail. I used 1/4 inch lugs this time, and had a great
flight.

So, when is the next launch? I want my level 2! :)