[NRV Rocketry] LADEE mission launching to the moon from Wallops, Va on Sept 6

tweeks tweeks at rackspace.com
Fri Aug 30 16:24:13 CDT 2013

On Friday 30 August 2013, Charles Albright wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be much publicity about this. I didn't hear about it
>  until a few days ago (thanks Tom).
>
> LADEE (Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer) is the name of the
>  spacecraft, and it will be launched one week from today on September 6 at
>  11:27 pm. That's from the NASA LADEE website today; previous announcements
>  gave Sept 5 as the launch date.
>
> The launch will mark several firsts. It will be the first payload to launch
>  on a U.S. Air Force Minotaur V rocket integrated by Orbital Sciences
>  Corp., will include testing of a high-data-rate laser communication
>  system, and will be the first deep space mission to launch from NASA's
>  Goddard Space Flight Center's Wallops Flight Facility.
>
> The launch will be broadcast live on NASA TV starting at 9:30 pm:
>  http://www.nasa.gov/ntv
>
> Many more details here:  http://www.nasa.gov/ladee

Thanks for following up on this Charley!  I'm definitely going to have my kids
stay up to watch.  It LOOKS like we may be able to just see it go up from here
at T+120(seconds):
http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/ladee_l-60-
day_visibility_map_0.jpg?itok=lCEuqHS7

Does anyone know of a good, high location to view from that also has wifi?