[NRV Rocketry] [NRVR-Launches] Good news/bad news
bob.schoner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 19:08:33 CDT 2013
Give that man a cigar. Absolutely right Carlos. Some H motors can be flown and I THINK there may even be one or two I motors that are under 125 grams. Still can't weight over 1500 grams on the pad though.
Hope to see you tomorrow.
Sent from Bob's iPhone.
On Jul 26, 2013, at 6:33 PM, Carlos Zapata <czapata at automann.com> wrote:
> Bob. Correct me if I'm wrong but 125 grains that's up to in some cases an H motor (38mm H123, H400 or so) right?
> Carlos Zapata
> czapata at automann.com
> cell (540) 449-5982
> On Jul 26, 2013, at 10:33 AM, "Bob Schoner" <bob.schoner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> NRVR fliers,
>> Thanks to the efforts of Kevin Shinpaugh we were able to get permission for a one day launch at Kentland Farms for tomorrow, July 27. Several of you ordered motors from Ken Allen at Performance Hobbies and together the order was large enough for Ken to give us free shipping. FedEx just delivered that package to me and if you really want to get your hands on your motors you can contact me to get them - I'm in the CRC in Blacksburg.
>> Now some bad news.
>> I have not applied for a waiver for NRVR at Kentland Farms. In the past we have used the waiver that the VAST club has. I thought I could use that waiver and asked if we could but the answer was no. So at this point we do not have a waiver for our own launches and are limited to Class 1 rockets (3.3 pounds or under and 125 grams of propellant or under) at any of our launches. I have started the waiver submission process and hope that we will have our own waiver in the next 6-8 weeks, but this is not something I can control.
>> Another issue that I have no control over is the weather and the last forecast I saw called for 80% chance of rain on Saturday. I am not calling off the launch for tomorrow just yet, but it is not looking favorable. The officers will monitor the weather and make a call as soon as possible, but probably no earlier than 8:00 am tomorrow.
>> If we get rained out we will discuss options for another launch, but next week is Steppin' Out in Blacksburg, and I have commitments for the next 2 weekends that will make me unavailable after 3:00 on Saturdays and all day Sunday.
>> Thanks for all your support and we will get some rockets in the air soon.
>> Bob Schoner
>> Prefect TRA #143
>> New River Valley Rocketry
>> NRVR-Launches mailing list
>> NRVR-Launches at nrvr.org
> NRVR mailing list
> NRVR at nrvr.org
More information about the NRVR