[NRV Rocketry] Anyone have a G-wiz LCX Altimeter running on Windows7 or Linux?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Thu Jun 20 23:07:11 CDT 2013

I know this is an older Altimeter, with little current support.. but I really
like it (accelerometer + altimeter based), but am having problems
communicating with it and getting it's java based control software (called G-
WizFlightView) running and not crashing on Windows or seeing the USBtty (USB
serial) ports on Linux.

Anyone have it working on either platform?

I installed the latest Java on Windows, but as soon as I access FlightView's
"Edit / Setport" menu, the program crashes (or is shut down) with no
indication as to what is going on.  On linux, FlightView simply doesn't see
any of the /dev/ttyUSB ports. I know the USB tty ports are good on my system
bc my java arduino app sees its ttyUSB0 port just fine (uses the same FTDI
chip iirc).

Anyway.. any pointers (for either platform)? I'm not a big java guy.