[NRV Rocketry] Info on Moving from Model into High Power Rocketry

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Wed Apr 30 21:35:57 CDT 2014

On Tuesday 29 April 2014 09:39:11 bruce fette wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I used a Loc Precision Cyclotron. The use of tube fins has the advantage
>  that the fins dont break upon a tough landing. So its a very rugged and
>  very safe design. I upscaled my cyclotron to level 2, and again to level
>  3.

Cool! For those who have never seen a tube-fin design, here's what they look
like. They actually use tubes as rear fins:
	http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/loc/locpk47.htm

This makes a great little Level-1 & Level-2 rocket because:
a) it's cheap (and tough on impact, as Bruce points out)
b) has a versatile 38mm motor mount (can fly 29mm too w/adapter)
c) that can fly  F & G (medium power), H & I (Level-1 range) and even take you
up through J (L2) flights!

Good call Bruce!

Free Stuff:
BTW.. for those note aware, the Cesaroni (CTI) "Pro38" motors are very popular
in our club. One reason (besides being very fast & easy to use), Cesaroni
vendors also offer free metal motor casings when you buy your certification
motor reload. More info on this "Free stuff" to get you into L1 (or L2) flights
for cheap is here on WIldmanVAs Website:
	http://goo.gl/YFUZBg

Great deal! That's how I got my 3 grain and 6XL grain casings! (like $90 worth
in casings for free!) Most club members love Cesaroni.

More info on Pro38 motors and how they work:
	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EFChga49VQ

Tweeks