[NRV Rocketry] Meeting and launch coming up this week as NRVR kicks off 2014

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:34:29 CST 2014

Just a quick reminder that we are holding a meeting Thursday, 2/20 from
6:30 to about 8:30 and a launch this coming Saturday from about 10:00 to
5:00.

The meeting is at the Virginia Tech CRC in the Space Building at 1901
Innovation Drive. We have no business that I know of so we will take time
to talk about the transition from model rockets to high power rockets.
 Members will talk about the differences they took into account while
building and flying high power rockets.  Some people can even talk about
the things they learned AFTER building and flying (and crashing) high power
rockets.  Membership cards will be handed out to members who have paid 2014
dues and there will be door prizes given out.

Our first rocket launch of 2014 will be this Saturday at Kentland Farms
from about 10:00 to 5:00.  we will have a class 2 waiver so expect to see
some larger rockets and cool flights.  Weather is looking pretty good too,
but there may still be some puddles and sloppiness so come prepared.  TRA
level1 and 2 certification flights may be attempted with prior notice.

We will not have a motor vendor on site.
We will not have a port-a-potty on site.

More details are available on our website nrvr.org.

Hope to see you at the meeting or launch!

Bob Schoner