[NRV Rocketry] Getting Into Hight Power Rocketry

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Jan 31 18:32:54 CST 2015

Hey all!

It's that time of year again.. most of our members have renewed their NRV
Rocketry 2015 memberships (shameless plug by me, the treasurer :)
	http://nrvr.org/membership/#MEMBERSHIP

We picked up a lot of new faces this year.. and as such, got a lot of High
Power questions at our members meeting at the Space Building in the CRC.

If you're interested in making the leap from model rockets to medium and high
power, here's a link to last year's list posting explaining the ins and outs
of getting into High Power:
	http://nrvr.org/pipermail/nrvr/2014-October/000406.html

	(good books and resources in ^^ that ^^t link)

Launches:
I think the other officers have the upcoming launches posted already. We post
all of our launches and events there now, so add it to your calendar if you
want to get alerts:
	http://nrvr.org/calendar.html

We're locking in the last Saturday of every month (when possible).

Planning a High Power L1, 2 or 3 Certification Launch?
I know we have several members working on L1, L2 and L3 rocket flights right
now!
	http://tinyurl.com/ksbw7f5

If you plan on doing a certification launch, please contact the NRVR RSOs (
rso(at)nrvr.org ).  NRVR wants to see you succeed while also ensuring the
safety of all attendees, the launc hsite and property owner.  As such, we're
believers in mentoring our cert-fliers to  help ensure that all launches are
safe and go off without a hitch.  We do this by asking all cert fliers contact
our RSOs to discuss their rocket's stability, design, minimum thrust ratio,
etc.  So just drop us a line and let us know what you're planning. We're here
to help!

Any questions?

Tweeks
 NRVR Founder/Treasurer