[NRVR-Members] NRV Rocketry November & December launches and calendar of events

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Tue Nov 17 23:19:34 CST 2015

Hey Members..

TL;DR
In the original email below, there was a link asking members to help out at
the next launch. You all need to look at IF you want the December launch to
happen:

NOV 21st LAUNCH VOLUNTEER SIGNUP --> https://goo.gl/SOZahk

Launches are a ton of fun.. but not very nice if only one or two people carry
the load.

Why All The Fuss?
You may not know this.. but our last launch was pretty depressing for us (on
several levels), and made us realize that we need people dedicated to help
pull it off so we don't burn people out.. especially our core members -- or
what we have won't last.

Do you enjoy our launches?
The fact is, all the work around and during launches can't be run by one or
two people, so it needs to be a group effort.  We need members to step up and
actually volunteer to be there and PERFORM the various launch duties.
Dedicate to a duties time slot and just do it.

Since the other officers probably wouldn't say this here (but have discussed
it).. I will.  If we can't get a core group of folks to commit to help out
before a launch then why kill ourselves?  I (for one) am going to recommend we
scrub launches we can't staff with a minimal set of  helpers for.

Launches are a ton of fun.. but not very nice if only one or two people carry
the load.

If you like having NRVR here locally, we all need to help share a little load.
Like.. for real.

Tweeks