[NRVR-Members] Open invitation to NRVR business meeting this Thursday

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:09:35 CDT 2016

The officers and directors of NRVR will be meeting this Thursday night at
6:00 at Amelia's in Christiansburg to discuss club stuff.  Any members are
welcomed to join us but if you think you'll be there please RSVP so I get a
large enough table or room for us.

Among the topics I know we want to talk about are:
 - Launch attendance dropping off.  Too many launches or just coincidence?
 - summer schedule including discussion on cancelling July and August
launches
 - Ideas for attracting and retaining members.
 - Ideas about improving the value of club membership
 - discussion about launch fees for non-members and reduced launch fees for
members
 - launch announcements (not mentioning Kentland Farm, just NRVR)
 - social media ideas
 - thoughts on splitting up TRA Prefecture and club duties, including
possible election of President and VP

We thank you for your interest and membership in New River Valley
Rocketry.  I think we have a very good field where we can fly year round,
with model and high power rockets.  If you are interested in the future
health and direction of NRVR, I encourage you to reply with comments or
attend the business meeting on 6/9.

Amelia's is located at 1130 Cambria St NE, Christiansburg, VA 24073

Thank you.

Bob Schoner