[NRVR-Members] Adding Nose Weight in OpenRocket

Thomas (Tweeks) Weeks tweeks at rackspace.com
Fri Mar 25 13:11:58 CDT 2016

Honestly.. I'm still getting used to OpenRocket for doing actual design tweaking.. and am simply trying to add nose weight to shift my CG up on a kit I'm flying tomorrow and am having a bit of a problem getting it to adjust my actual CG.

I've added the weight (16oz as a test), and tinkered with the mass override.. but can't get the CG to actually shift. Is there some magic button somewhere that "applies" it to the new CG calculation? I even played with the override CG buttons (though that needs to be a DEPENDANT variable.. I don't want to SET it).. but still can't get the CG to budge.

Photo:

http://theweeks.org/tmp/PICS/ROCKETS/OpenRocket_adding-nose-weight.png

What am I doing wrong in OpenRocket? The wiki docs are not that informative.