[NRVR-Members] propellent making class

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:25:06 CDT 2018

I took the very first Thunderflame propellant making class in the mid 90s.
It does open up the enjoyment and involvement in the hobby.

When I was on the TRA BOD there was endless discussion of whether or not to
‘certify’ the research mixing process. Basically anyone can mix their own
propellant but Tripoli restricts who can fly (L2 and up) and where they can
be launched (TRA research launch only). NAR does not allow research motors
at any level at any launch so if you are a NAR member you would have to
join Tripoli.

I have most of the chemicals and 54 and 38 mm casting and liner tubes and a
HD 6qt Kitchen Aide mixer that I’ve used for propellant mixing. I know Ben
and Elaine and would be interested if I could just help. I would not be
able to pay to take the class at this time.

Thanks for making the contacts and offering this to NRVR Eric.

Bob