[NRVR-Members] More Technical Details About Jolly Logic Chute Release

Adrien Drouault adrien.drouault at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 20:05:18 CDT 2018

For what it's worth, i've got a good success rate with the JL CR, in
several different rockets (Flowbee, the Aerobee and the Nike Smoke, as well
as my 1.6" Mini-EZE (lost for other reasons) and my 1.6" Little John)

I'm inclined to agree that your issues are around the tight chute burrito
and/or blocking the vent hole (possibly due to the tight chute).

Everything I've built since the Flowbee (Aerobee and Nike), I've just gone
and put three "altimeter-sized" holes in the area where the chute sits.  I
figure more holes are better than a chute failure...

Wonder if you could stuff some dog barf in there to keep the chute package
from setting back under boost...?