[NRVR-Members] VAST Launch this Weekend

Biggame338 biggame338 at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 10:50:11 CDT 2021

I plan on going and flying my 4" Eagle Claw and my 5.5" Crusier.

Sent from the all new AOL app for Android

  On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 11:23 AM, Adrien Drouault<adrien.drouault at gmail.com> wrote:   I am definitely planning on going up to VAST this weekend; is anyone else interested in going?
Also, I know some of you have been there before; this will be my first time there.  Are there any special steps we need to take beforehand?  A couple of things that I know (or think I know, based on their "Flyer Information" page):
   - Their field is about 1000' MSL higher than ours, so adjust your sims accordingly
   - Their field has some size constraints, so if you have something big and gnarly, definitely contact Chuck first
   - Similarly, if you're going past 2k AGL, plan for dual deployment or a chute release
   - I'm pretty sure they have a standing "no sparky" rule
   - Big, slow, low and visible seems to be the best method for flying there
I'm planning on flying my Chunky Monkey, but not very high, mostly as a second round of systems checks.
Let's see if we can get out there and burn some motors--ad