[NRVR-Members] Bring A Rocket To Homer's Talk Thur night (get it signed!)

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Tue Nov 9 23:52:19 CST 2021

Hey all..

So you may have seen the [ Homer Hickam book signing going on Thursday night at The Inn at VT ]( https://www.alumni.vt.edu/events/2021/11/meet-and-greet-with-rocket-boy-homer-hickam-.html ) Bob told us about.. Well, I was talking to Homer about the event and volunteered us to bring a few "large static displays" to help set the mood.. and he loved the idea and connected me with his event coordinator. They all liked the idea and want our big rockets there on display to help set the mood for Homer's book signing!

In short, they would like for us to RSVP and attend (see the link above) as well as have NRVR bring some of our high power rockets to help Homer show off his new book, "Don't Blow Yourself Up!". Homer actually said to me, "bring your rockets to show & tell! ".. Cool eh?

I think Bob is working with some of the VT students to put one of their large projects on stage with him at the Alumni Hall where he's speaking.. and the rest of our rockets will be up stairs in the ballroom during the networking time.  How fun!

Anyway.. if you want to participate by bringing a rocket to display.. then please:
1) sign up for the event at the link above, and then
2) document with us what you're bringing here:
    [ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k9-NDfGTm2olSiNCNE2UlIEHuF2MAyDSLzHrQdKL2BA ]( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k9-NDfGTm2olSiNCNE2UlIEHuF2MAyDSLzHrQdKL2BA )
  telling us how big it is, and what the largest length it breaks down into, to know if we're going
  to need the service elevator or not (just in case).

Let us know if there are any questions..

p.s. Homer told me to let you know.. that they've already pre-sold out of his book.. so if you want to buy one.. you'll have to hit the local Barnes & Nobel and pick one up to bring with you.

p.p.s. Speaking of which.. this is a great opportunity to get Homer to sign you rocket.. just sayin! :)

T.Weeks
NRVR Pres