[NRV Rocketry] Santa and Rockets?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Fri Dec 21 23:23:56 CST 2012

On Saturday, December 15, 2012 04:46:36 pm Charles Albright wrote:
[...]
> Obviously, Tom, my comments are not addressed to an experienced rocketeer
> such as yourself, but are meant for those just beginning to consider more
> advanced rockets.

Nahh.. I'm still just an L1 right not.  I have been flying medium power since
1999-ish... but actually haven't built THAT much high power myself. That being
said, we can all learn from each other and posts like yours... thanks for the
tips! I especially like hearing from experienced folks like yourself, Bob and
others.

From what I've gathered from talking to folks at the launches, there are a lot
of low power folks on the list who are interested in dabbling in some of this
medium to high power stuff, but haven't quite made the leap yet. So sharing
tips and experiences is always good! :)

Likewise, if anyone has any questions, our long time HP experts like Bob and
other L2/L3 guys are a rich source of info.

> So, in conclusion, let me say again that I like LOC
> Precision products, which is why I don't like it when people (such as Tim
> Van Milligan in this case) over-promise what the buyer should expect from
> the kits.

Yeah.. he may have just got a really pristine kit (since the LLOC vendor wants
him to buy and sell more ;).  But even with the chad and burns.. LOC
components really are top notch. I've used raw LOC parts to beef up some of my
low power rockets into medium and high power. Good quality tubes and parts.

> However, I encourage everyone to try a LOC kit. I've always found
> building and flying them to be a rewarding experience.

Unless someone has designs on some other first MP/HP kit.. I agree..  you
can't go wrong with LOC!

> Good luck, and Merry Christmas!

You too Charles!