[NRV Rocketry] Local sources for rocket supplies?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Thu Jul 5 02:08:31 CDT 2012

On Friday, June 29, 2012 08:38:29 pm Charles Albright wrote:
[...]
> Tweeks, how do the above prices compare to the cost of the 3F you bought
> locally?

I'm out on vacation right now and would have to look at the pound of 3F that I
bought locally to tell.. but I seem to remember it being  around twenty-
something.  But if we all went it.. I can't see us getting more that 5lbs all
together.

I understand that you can use 3F, but that you might have to increase the
volume slightly to compensate for the slightly slower burn.  But be careful
with smokeless powder or what's called "pyrodex". That's what's used in black
powder rifles and it can burn REALLY slow. Far too slow for an ejection
charge!  Bob can share more about that.. but I would stick with 3F or 4F
powder. A couple sites I found said that 3F was fine for rocket ejection
charges.