[NRV Rocketry] Local sources for rocket supplies?

Tweeks tweeks at rackspace.com
Mon Jul 9 09:19:56 CDT 2012

On Thursday 05 July 2012, Bob Schoner wrote:
[...]
> I'll have to look up that reference.I have a can
> of 3f but never used it.  I don't think the burn rate will be that
> noticeable, but the larger particles will burn longer.  My main concern
> would be to make sure I have good wadding and nomex protection so that I
> don't have any still burning BP particles getting close to my nylon
> parachute.

I wonder if adding an oxidizer would help with the burn rate...?
I would think so.  I might have to play with that idea.
(starting to sound more like a SugarPro mail list thread ;)

> There are people who use Pyrodex, but I am not familiar with
> it's use or properties so I stick with BP.

I've used pryodex with black powder rifles... and have seen how slow it burns
compared w/BP. I would recommend against it.. even with lots of wadding.