[NRV Rocketry] High Power Launch @ Kentland Farms, April 19th, 10am - 4pm

Thomas Weeks tweeks-homework at theweeks.org
Sun Apr 13 00:46:56 CDT 2014

Hey all,

Don't forget, we have our April 19th launch coming up next Saturday.
	Launch Details: http://nrvr.org/launches/index.html#top
	Calendar: http://nrvr.org/calendar.html
	Map: http://goo.gl/maps/KPH8D  (by the drone runway)

Motor Vendor:
We have Kevin Dunn from WildmanVA Rocketry scheduled to be on site as our
motor vendor and he's taking orders now for on-site delivery (no hazmat or
shipping fees!).  Just be sure to get any orders in before mid-day Friday so
that he can have them boxed up and ready for you when he shows up on Saturday.

Cert Flights:
If you're planning on doing your L1 or L2 certification flight that day, a
couple of things:

*  Please notify rso at nrvr.org of your plans (so we can have the
paperwork/exams, etc on hand) as we can discuss your launch

*  WildmanVA still has the FREE CTI Motor Casings deal in place if you buy
your cert motor grains from him (I got my 6 grain casing from him for my
planned L2 flight!)

Launch Expectations:
As always for Kentland, anyone planning a flight over 4,000ft (AGL) please
contact rso_at_nrvr.org.  Our RSO will want to review the details of your
flight with you (your rocket design, motor, recovery, simulations, and related
info & expectations).

I think Bob has a big daddy L motor he's planning to fly in his newly re-
painted "United We Stand". If you haven't seen this 12foot beast go up, it's a
real treat!  Here are some pictures of him setting it up and flying it back in
2011. It's a real crowd pleaser as its monster L actually echos off the
mountains!
http://nrvr.org/photos/2011-09-10-11_NRVR-VAST-Launch-WEB/2011-09-10-11_nrvr-
vast-launch/dscf6298d.jpeg.html
http://nrvr.org/photos/2011-09-10-11_NRVR-VAST-Launch-WEB/2011-09-10-11_nrvr-
vast-launch/dscf6298e3.jpeg.html
Video: http://nrvr.org/photos/2011-09-10-11_NRVR-VAST-Launch-
WEB/2011-09-10-11_nrvr-vast-launch/dscf6298m_flv.jpeg.html

I hear there may be some  certification  attempts going on too (always
exciting).  I myself /may/ even finally be getting around to doing my L2 cert
flight (J motor) Saturday on my low-drag, high flying Talon3,  sporting its
fancy new Nike-X style paint job </fingers crossed>:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200918392362428&l=7f61615baf
    (sims out to juts over 1 mile high!.. whew.. we'll see.. )

Hot Dogs Anyone?
I'm still checking on some details, but I'm also trying to get a new friend of
mine, Tom from "Eat The Family Dog" (a new NRV hot dog stand vendor) to come
out to feed us from 11am-3pm. He's got some killer, Boars Head dogs, chili
dogs, kraut dogs (boiled AND grilled), frito pie, snacks, drinks and more --
and boy is his chili good! Anyway, a dedicated food vendor is always nice to
have at launches, and it saves my wife from making a "burger run" in the
afternoon. :)

Want To Help Setting Up?:
Members (or anyone wanting to help), if you would like to help with morning
setup, please let Bob and I know (officers at nrvr.org).  We will be meeting at
the Prices Fork Hardees at around 8:15am Saturday morning for breakfast, to be
at the field at 9am for setup. Launches commence from 10am.  Likewise, anyone
who can help with breakdown (some time after 4pm, or whenever we stop
shooting'em up), we can always use a hand with that too! :)

Any questions? Ask us here on the main mail list, or directly if you're the
quiet type. :)

Come Fly With Us!

Tweeks
NRV Rocketry Founder