[NRV Rocketry] [NRVR-Launches] June 28 Launch Report

Ben Williams jbwillia at math.vt.edu
Thu Jul 3 11:23:06 CDT 2014

Bob then i highly suggest we not put Kentland Farms on the Website in
the future then

Journalism interns from the Roanoke Times came out to learn about us and
take photos for a story in the *Sunday Virginia section of the Roanoke
Times*. Both Tweeks and I made it clear that we needed to not mention
Kentland farms because we have been asked to keep the launches more
private/by invitation. The article and photo captions mention Kentland
Farms 2 times. I hope and pray that this won't hurt our relationship
with Kentland and Dr Paulette. Link to the article here:
http://www.roanoke.com/news/education/higher_education/virginia_tech/rocket-hobbyists-reach-for-sky/article_57eef62c-ff43-11e3-ae7e-001a4bcf6878.html
We only had 20 flights but it was a great day to fly. Thanks to everyone
for coming out and helping to set up and pack up. Jim Farley's Mosquito
is still in the tree by the big house hear the airstrip. Officers will
be meeting after the July 4th week and talk about future summer
launches, and how we need to handle (very cool, special guest) visit in
September. Have a great 4th of July! Bob