[NRV Rocketry] Suggestions for good L2/L3 Rockets?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Jul 12 01:00:08 CDT 2014

Hey all..

So we've had a lot of people certing up as of late. They've got their Level-1
(H-I motors)  and Level-2 certs (J-L).. and some are trying (or at least
starting to think about) their Level-3 now (M-O motors).

I'm thinking my next big rocket will probably be a 5" (dia) airframe, probably
all fiberglass or bluetube. Maybe scratch built (with a nice big ebay for lots
of electronics and HAM radio gear).. maybe a kit.  I like the flexibility of a
multi-motor cluster, like what Giovanni had on his black momba:
http://nrvr.org/photos/2012-02-04-5_NRVR-VAST-VT-Launch/IMG_2421.JPG
http://nrvr.org/photos/2012-02-04-5_NRVR-VAST-VT-Launch/IMG_2422.JPG
http://nrvr.org/photos/2012-02-04-5_NRVR-VAST-VT-Launch/video/MVI_2435.flv.html

or maybe a just a more traditional single 75mm:
 http://nrvr.org/photos/2011-09-10-11_NRVR-VAST-Launch-WEB/2011-09-10-11_nrvr-
vast-launch/img_1053.jpeg.html

Suggestions.. thoughts.. related questions?

Tweeks
p.s. we're working out the final details for another Kentland launch in two
weeks (26th).